Cruises—are there any more luxurious, fun-filled ways to enjoy a summer vacation? Modern cruise ships are filled to the brim with amenities that make them fun for the whole family. They are also far safer than they were during the days of the Titanic or the Lusitania.
Unfortunately, not all cruise ship tales are filled with photos of smiling people and fun in the sun. Though rare, accidents and injuries can happen on even the sturdiest of seafaring vessels. When they do, it’s normal to feel betrayed by the ship’s company. You trusted them with your safety.
If you were injured as a result of a cruise, you have the right to seek compensation for the medical bills you get. A qualified cruise ship injury lawyer can help you get the money you need to move your life forward.
Why Hire A Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer?
Hiring a cruise ship lawyer is a smart decision for anyone who wants to get compensated for a cruise ship related accident. Here’s why:
- Cruise companies already have lawyers on staff in order to ensure that cases are dropped. Cruise ship companies are well-versed in litigation. Going to court on your own, without knowledge of the legal system, is foolish. You will need a lawyer who understands what a boat accident lawyer would say as a defense in court.
- A boat injury lawyer will ensure that you’re asking for the right amount of money. Medical bills are only a portion of the amount of compensation you may be entitled to. You should also consider things like missing workdays, as well as a ticket refund.
- Your lawyer will also be able to compile evidence required to win a case. Gathering evidence and testimonies isn’t an easy job! Lawyers know and understand what it takes to get a solid case showing the full range of damage from your accident.
- Should there be other parties involved in the case, your lawyer will be able to determine who is liable for the damage. People who sue for boating and cruise accidents often don’t know who should be held liable. If other parties were involved, such as fellow passengers or a travel insurance company, your lawyer will be able to reach out to them.
- A professional lawyer will also guide you on what you should and shouldn’t do during litigation. What you say and do outside of court can affect the outcome of your case. Asking a lawyer what you should do is the smart way to maximize your chances at winning your case.
- Should insurance companies be involved, your lawyer will be able to communicate with them about the case. Insurance companies don’t like to pay money. In order to get the full amount you’re entitled to, you often need to have a lawyer on your side.
When Should You Call A Boating Accident Lawyer?
The simple answer is that you should probably be picking up the phone now.
Accident-related lawsuits are very time-sensitive, and have statutes of limitation. Even if your case is within the statute of limitations, spending too much time before you call a lawyer can make compiling evidence difficult.
Does Prolonged Sickness On A Cruise Warrant A Lawsuit?
Let’s say that you went on a cruise for a week and caught food poisoning. Or, maybe it was something more unusual, such as a virus. You weren’t the only one who got sick on the ship, either. You might be wondering if you can call a lawyer at all.
Truthfully, you can. Multiple disease outbreaks that have occurred on cruise ships have resulted in lawsuits from affected individuals. Most recently, a quarantined couple sued Princess cruises over a coronavirus outbreak. This shows a legal precedent that should allow your case to push through.
With the help of a qualified cruise ship injury attorney, you will be able to get the compensation you deserve for you and your loved ones who met with one of these unfortunate incidents. So don’t hesitate to do your research and find the one that works best for you.